Are you looking for a fast pace, rewarding and engaging environment? Do you love animals and delivering five-star customer service? If so Village Vet are currently recruiting for a Cattery Assistant to work in our Cattery based in St Albans.
The job will involve working 8am - 12pm Saturday & Sunday
Information About Us
Set in the countryside surrounding St Albans lies the beautiful, spacious Village Vet Cattery. We aim to provide a home away from home with kindness and care for your feline friend.
We are more than a cattery, we are a cattery run by vets and cat lovers. We will care for your cat as if it were our own, and as if they were on holiday themselves!
You have total piece of mind knowing that should your cat become ill during their stay, they will receive the best care at our Village Vet hospital right next door to the cattery.
Your Main Responsibilities
We are looking for someone who is interested in the veterinary field and enjoys working with animals. This is a physically demanding role on a flexible hours basis. Duties will include:
- Assisting with patients
- Support our team of specialists
- Ensuring appropriate maintenance of specialised equipment
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene throughout the Cattery
- Various administrative tasks
Essential Experience Required
- You will be comfortable interacting with clients and their pets, have a real passion for animal healthcare and be good with people. This is a flexible position including an occasional weekend rota if available. Previous animal handling experience and/or relevant qualifications are essential.
Desirable Experience Required
- Passion for working with animals, in particular Cats
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Hard Working
- Passion for animals